It can seem overwhelming to get your entire family out the door for a photo session, but don't let that stress you out. You don't need as much as it might seem!
1. Sleep! Make sure everyone is well-rested. If you have napping little ones, make sure you schedule your session so that you can stay on the same routine you normally have. If you aren't morning people, opt for an afternoon or evening session instead. I'm flexible with my scheduling and can work with a variety of daytime options, even if we're shooting outside!
2. Full bellies! I love to spoil my clients with snacks and drinks during a session, but it always helps to start the session off feeling good and full. The delicious smells of the downtown restaurants will haunt you into the studio if you come hungry :)
3. Directions! If we're meeting on location, make sure you have directions where we're meeting. It's easy to get caught up in the excitement of the preparations and forget to figure out where we're going.
4. My cell phone number! I fully admit that giving out directions isn't my best quality so it's good to be able to get ahold of me if my directions didn't get you where you need to go. (and sorry about that in advance!)
5. Relaxation! Custom family photography is an investment and if you're hoping to get a beautiful portrait on your wall for generations to see, it can feel like a lot of pressure. Don't let that get to you! We'll have a great time and get stunning pictures. Get a massage next door beforehand to help yourself relax :)
Don't overthink what needs to be done before a family session. You just need your beautiful family and I'll take care of the rest :) And because we can't have a post without an image...